Supporting UX professionals
UX Mentoring & Coaching
Anxiety felt by UX professional is often fuelled by uncertainty.
But through my UX mentoring and coaching services, that uncertainty can be removed. This achieved by creating appropriate UX project plans and guidance on how to use UX skills and knowledge more competently. This leads to UX work being conducted more confidently.
This service is provided to both UX professionals and their managers who are in need of UX mentoring and coaching. It’s ideal for people who need regularly guidance or advice, and teams who need help but have limited budget to hire more full time staff.
“At the time I needed a mentor I was unclear what I was looking for but I understood as a one-woman-design-team that I needed guidance. Dr Morrison unpacked the challenges and concerns I had and reaffirmed my value as a designer, helping me manage work dynamics, timelines and design debt.”
Senior Usability Analyst
Bring more structure and order to your UX work.
Use UX skills and knowledge more appropriately
Have increased trust in your abilities and work.
UX mentoring and coaching clients unpack a variety of work-related and professional development issues. These include:
- Lacking confidence or effectiveness in their role.
- Little or no standardised UX processes at work, causing confusion and wastage of time.
- Often having to redo work, due to poor requirements and working practices
- Regularly work on of failing or failed projects.
- Disillusionment, frustration, or feeling wasted as a professional.
- Impostor syndrome and questioning of one’s ability and value.
- Dissatisfaction with the job, leading to job avoidance or even depression.
“Dr. Morrison has vast experience in the clinical UX field and is passionate about mentoring and developing emerging UX talent. He has a treasure trove of resources, expertise and patience and his input is a must if you want to take your career to the next level.”
Dr Hillary Hines
Clinical UX Designer
After a FREE 30min consultation call, my private clients and I decide on the total number of sessions required to achieve results. But in principle this means choosing one of three main options:
UX Induction Package8 weeks
- Clients go through a structured program to explore their current work situation. This could be a new job, or one they have been in for a while. Either way, they need to get unstuck with the problems they face. I use my own 7 step assessment and see clients.
UX Mentoring and Coaching Package4 weeks
- Clients have four sessions to cover any work related issues or any topic the client would like to explore.
- Ideal for clients who know one hour is not enough to cover all their issues or successfully solve them.
UX Mentoring & Coaching1 hour
- A one hour session to cover any work related issues or any topic the client would like to explore. Suitable for clients who have a simply issue or topic to cover.